Position: Anticipated Elementary Teacher
Positions Available: 2021 – 2022 School Year (Grade K Assignment)
- Comply with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Code of Professional Practice and Conduct for Educators (Title 22, Part XIV, Chapter 235).
- Responsible for the implementation of the West Branch Area School District curriculum for students assigned to the teacher’s classroom.
- Responsible for adhering to each approved IEP (Individual Education Program) for students assigned to the teacher’s classroom.
- Meet students’ academic needs through a design of individualized, small group, or large group instruction.
- Ability to design and schedule lessons, activities, and learning experiences within an instructional day that meet requirements of the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the West Branch Area School District.
- Development and adaptation of materials and teaching strategies to individual student’s needs.
- Data collection and assessment of students using curriculum-based assessment.
- Evaluate the progress of students assigned and to provide reports to parents/guardians, teachers, and administrators as required.
- Collaborate with teachers who deliver specialized instruction (e.g. Special Education, Fine Arts, Technology, Physical Education, etc.) on a consistent basis regarding student progress.
- Prepare, in advance, written lesson plans reflecting daily goals, objectives, assessments, and appropriate Pennsylvania State Academic Standards to be met.
- Have lesson plans and required materials available to substitute teachers during absences.
- Maintain an environment conducive to the students’ social and emotional growth as well as academic achievement.
- Maintain effective control and authority of all students within the classroom.
- Appropriately responds to student issues/concerns that arise within the classroom including acting as first level disciplinarian.
- Maintain regular contact with students’ parents/guardians via phone, email, or written correspondence regarding student progress or concern.
- Direct activities of paraprofessionals when necessary.
- Participate in professional activities such as field trips, Open House, parent conferences, IEP/social services meetings, committees etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Elementary Principal or Superintendent.
Qualifications: PreK – Grade 4 Certification required. Must be computer literate. Must possess the ability to work collaboratively with others, including extensive experience in collaborating with students, parents, professional staff, and community. Work is an internal classroom environment with some levels of noise. Position requires sitting, standing, walking and moving about the school buildings as well as use of hands and fingers to pick, pinch, seize, hold and grasp, and to feel. Must be able to hear (40 decibel loss maximum), verbally communicate, and see with acuity of twenty (20) inches or less and far acuity of twenty (20) feet or more with depth perception, accommodation, and field of vision. Performs a variety of duties; able to make judgments and work under varying levels of stress. Subject to inside environmental conditions.
DEADLINE: Please send the following to Kasi Martin, Assistant to the Superintendent, prior to 3:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 24, 2021:
- Cover Letter
- Standard Teaching Application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Copy of Teaching Certification and Teacher Assessments Report(s)
- Current Clearances
Items can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Kasi Martin, Assistant to the Superintendent, 516 Allport Cutoff, Morrisdale, PA 16858.
Jr. High Girls Soccer Coach
Position: Anticipated Head Jr. High Girls Soccer Coach
Assistant Jr. High Girls Soccer Coach
Position Available: Immediately
Application Deadline: June 22, 2021
Please respond to Kasi Martin, Assistant to the Superintendent, with a letter of interest and a resume by Tuesday, June 22, 2021, by 3:00 p.m.
Substitute Employment Applications
Education Staffing Solution – ESS
With the vision of enhancing the educational experience for students, Education Staffing Solution hires, trains, and places talented substitute personnel. Education Staffing Solution offer a variety of positions to match your availability and interests. Apply now to join the Education Staffing Solution team – we will give you the training and guidance you need to succeed!
Permanent Employment Applications
Standard Employment Application: Here (pdf)
Standard PA Teaching Application: Here (pdf)
Standard Custodial Application: Here (pdf)
Standard Cafeteria Application: Here (pdf)
Act 151 – PA Child Abuse History clearance: Here
Act 34 – PA State Police Criminal Record clearance: Here
Act 114 – FBI Fingerprint Criminal Record clearance (School District code 1KG6XN) : Here
Act 24 and Act 82 – Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form: Here